- 4 cups of white sugar
- 1 can chunky pineapple (optional)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 6 cups of flour
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 can of sliced of pineapple
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or as needed
- First properly grease and lightly flour 2 baking pans.
- Melt the 1tbs of butter, then pour it over ONE of the pans.
- Sprinkle brown sugar lightly over the butter. Make sure the bottom of the pan is covered properly.
- Place sliced pineapples in the pan (as many as the pan can hold).
- Place maraschino cherries in any open spaces between and in the pineapple rings. Set aside.
- Cream together butter(2 cups) and white sugar.
- Mix in dry ingredients in the creamed mixture.
- Mix in, with a spoon, the pineapple chunks.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan with the pineapple rings, the remainder in the other pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling on the batter without the pineapple rings. (Put a cherry, from the cherry pie filling, in intervals AROUND THE EDGE of the batter---this is just for appearance).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife/tester comes out clean.
- When the pineapple-ringed cake is finished, let cool, then placed on plate(the pineapple side should now become the top of the cake).
- When the cherry cake is finished, let cool for 10 minutes.
- CAREFULLY place cake on a plate.(If cake is not coming out of pan easily, let it cool longer).
- Place the cake with the pineapples on the top, on the cherry cake. (it should look like two cakes on each other, with the pineapple slices showing, the cherry pie filling will serve as a kinda glue to stick the cakes together).
- Let cool for another 1 - 2 hours. Enjoy!!!